Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 09:27:20 -0500
Cages:
For all who have asked how to to get a REALLY BIG cage, think of this: we
put two of 'em together.  You know the three story animal cage that has the
tray on the bottom, the door on the front and on the top, and cost about $90
American?  We have two of those, and took the second one, bent the wire that
holds the tray out, cut a hole in the bottom of it to match the hole in the
top of the first cage, and tied it with wire ties to the top of the first
cage.  The whole thing is carpeted, the hole we cut has all the wires filed
and bent back so it's smooth, and it's quite enough room for the three we
have (and I would think, up to four or five, since they spend most of their
waking hours out, and they all pile together to sleep, anyway).  The same
thing can/could be done with any two/three cages...just use the plastic
wire-ties, and however you feel most comfortable iwth cutting wire, and
start building your own ferret condos.  The best part is, the whole
contraption comes apart for moving by cutting the wire ties.

Hicups:
Simmie also tends to get hicups, and once, so did Jaq.  Cats and dogs get
them, too, and it's mostly a baby thing; puppies, kittens, and kits are, it
seems, more likely to get them than adults.  It seems to have to do with
learning to breathe.  :-) I wouldn't worry about an occasional bout of
hicups being a sign of anything more serrious.  But I did see the er
ep...it's fortunate that hicups aren't always a sign of liver disease
associated with AIDS in humans or fuzzies, huh?

Laurel

Laurel Gilbert, Am Cult Studies      *"Who controls the screen controls
[log in to unmask]               *the mind of the screen watcher. The
http://www.bgsu.edu/~lgilber/        *power struggles occur on screens."
Bowling Green State University, OH   *                -Timothy Leary