From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:34:26 -0500
This is Susie Lee.  Wes and I are battened down with the residents of The
Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.  and we have left a message for the New
Orleans ferret shelter to offer our help and home, no answer from the
shelter in New Orleans, though.  Ann Ryan also has been calling them
repeatedly and has not gotten any answers, and I'm writing this on a
Sunday's noon.  Seems a good bet that the New Orleans ferret shelter
folks may have heeded the early warnings and gotten out of their area
with their ferrets, which we sincerely hope is the case.  In the event
that a spinoff-tornado knocks out power but the phones still work, our
number is 850-475-0870.

Please note that with a system with as much energy to blow as this one,
just as with Hurricane Camille, extreme damage from it will continue
Far inland.  This means you shelters in northern Louisiana and in the
neighboring states, like Arkansas and Tennessee, should also be prepared
to weather hurricane conditions, or to evacuate if you can't.  Please
stay alert, be prepared, stay safe.  Take care.

Wes and Susie.