Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:06:19 -0500
I wrote a couple of days ago about my ferret Bambi.  Well I am proud to
announce that yesterday our family got bigger.  We now have Bambi and a new
7 week old MF bouncing baby boy.  I never in my wildest dreams realized how
different two ferrets could be.  Bambi is a very light sleeper, she will
wake up to any sound but with my newest pride and joy, well lets just say an
earthquake would have to hit just to wake him up.  But like always I have
more questions.  When i got bambi it was pretty easy to train her, she is
very set in her ways but she knows now what I will and will not allow.  I
think I mentioned my cat in my last letter, she always goes after Bambi and
plays way to rough and even might be a little jealous.  I brought the little
boy home yesterday (BTW Hubby hasnt named him yet) and he litterally
attacked Fluffy.  Good news is that I dont think Fluffy will be playing to
rough anymore, the little boy latched onto her and wouldnt let go.  Bad news
is that I think he will be alot harder to train.  he bites alot harder that
what Bambi did.  i guess I am not use to it yet.  One of my friends came
over yesterday and we were playing with him and he bit us both so hard that
he drew blood.  I would greatly apprieciate any tips on training this
one........I looked into his eyes and just had this feeling that he had been
hurt somehow in his life but I want him to know that he will be very much
taken care of here and he will be loved and he will not get hurt.  He bites
so hard sometimes that I am scared to put my hand back up there but I know I
have to so he wont think i'm scared of him.  He just looks so loving that as
soon as he looks into your eyes your heart just melts.  My friend told me
that whenever he bites to just lightly hit him on the nose to get his
attention and tell him no but when I tried he didnt look to happy and the
time out in the cage isnt helping either.  HELP..........

                              Thank You,
                              Hanna