From:
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:46:46 -0700
>From:    Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Timmy's lab report.

We are glad you had Timmy survive longer than expected.  Truely.

>COMMENT:     Poor prognosis. This is clearly a metastatic
>lymphoproliferative disease process and therapy will likely be of only
>temporary benefit

That doesn't sound like assuring only a few weeks to live.  But it isn't
good we can grant you that.  And we can see why Dr. Brown would have told
you based on other cases that that probably meant only a short time to
live.  We will have to guess that the correct specimen was examined
correctly to generate that report although mistakes happen there.  We can't
prove an error.

But none of this means that Timmy was saved by tea.  Ferrets are
notoriously good at healing with almost any treatment at times.  We too
have had ferrets survive when they weren't expected to.

You claim several divine interventions for finding the tonic.  But not
that divine intervention actually stopped the disease (despite the tonic).
Its all 'faith' but perhaps misguided.  Perhaps not.  But there isn't
science to back that Timmy's Tonic (under the original name) actually
saved Timmy.  The discussion on what the various ingredients might do on
their own makes us even more worried about using the product.  Much more
dangerous than we thought.  Sukie left out the better flavors though.

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets