From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:46:39 EDT
>Also, just a question on rabies vaccine, does it have to be imrab3?  My
>vet that treats them for distemper and check ups is willing to order it
>for me, but wonders if rabvac3 will do.  That is the rabies vaccination he
>has for cats and dogs.

Although Rabvac may really protect the ferret against rabies, it has not
been tested and proven effective, therefore, as far as the state Public
Health officials are concerned, it may as well be distilled water.
Remember, with rabies, it's not so much a matter of protecting the ferret
from the rabies virus, as it is protecting the ferret from Public Health
officials.  Only IMRAB-3 is recognized for ferrets.

Dick B.
4 Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter