From:
Matthew Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 03:33:53 -0400
HI everyone.  I'm slightly frustrated at the moment because it is way too
late for me to still be up.  I have gotten no sleep tonight because of these
new fuzzies.  We just got two female ferrets from a shelter today (they were
in the same cage there).  They don't seem to be getting along at all.  The
one is kind of calm most of the time.  However, she has been attacking the
other one all night long.  She seems to be trying to groom her--not really
hurt her.  However, the other one seems more high-strung and wants no part
of this.  She has been hissing and screaming all night and the other one
won't stop.  I heard them from the other room and have to keep going in to
stop the nasty one.  Nothing will keep her off of the other one.  Why is she
doing this?  She's so calm and sweet otherwise.  The other one doesn't bite
or fight back and only tries making noise.  Unfortunately, we wanted quiet
pets and can't have screaming fuzzies.  Plus, I feel so sorry for the one
who is only trying to sleep.  *sigh*

--Emily