Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 00:34:34 -0700
>I have spoken with the gentleman who heads animal control(his name escapes
>me right now) here in Louisville.  And he assures me that the new
>compendium will have very little weight in the local city laws that need
>to be changed.

With today's climate for lawsuits, I can't imagine ANY city government that
would enforce laws and rules contrary to established state policy.  The
liabilities would be horrendous.  I also doubt that the state's Supreme
Court would allow a contradiction in policy to prevail.

Unfortunately, as is the case in most 'tests', a fuzzy would have to die
to test the city's laws and policies regarding ferret bites and rabies
testing.

If someone is really dedicated, and has the time to spend, (sic) one could
get the ball rolling by attending city council meetings and being heard,
writing letters to the city/district attorney responsible for city policy,
animal control, and all the vets, **making** all aware of the new compendium
and its recommendations.  This being done on a daily/weekly/monthly
schedule.  (I DID say 'dedicated'!)

Much success to any who might start such a campaign!

MC,  The Rude One