From:
CORRINE ROONEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 10:29:06 EST
Hi Everyone,

I am several days behind on the FML and I would like to express my
sympathies to all that have recently lost their Ferrets.  It is always so
difficult and sad to see a friend go.

   water bowls:
My ferrets drink out of a water bottle and a bowl.  What I use for the water
bowl is one of those cheap tupperware like containers.  I leave on the lid
and cut out an opening for the fuzzbutts to put their heads in.  I also
secure the bowl to the side of the cage by making some holes in it and
twist-tying it on.  They normally eat out of a stainless stell bowl, but
when they decide to start throwing the food around I switch them to the
tupperware bowl type dish.  They can't dig the food out too well from here
and they loose interest in throwing stuff around for a while.  I do put out
a larger one, about 8" X 14" X 2" for them to snorkle in, but only when I
can supervise.

Duffle Bags:
I have a bag that I ordered from Discount Master.  Ummm?  I don't know if I
can put the # up here.  I'm gonna try.  If it doesn't appear here e- mail me
and I'll send it to you.  1-800-346-0749.  The bag is for cats/small dogs,
but it works great on ferrets.  It came in very handy at a recent ferret
show when I had to carry around all 5 ferts at once for judging.  It has 2
mesh openings with roll down flaps to close them.  Price $21.99 + s/h.  They
deliver within a few days.

Cleaning:
Could someone please tell me if this is safe.  I dilute white vinegar with
water and clean the ferrets cage and floors with this.  I was assuming that
it would not be harmful to them.  am I correct?  You know what happens when
we assume.<G> It only leaves a slight vinegar odor for a few minutes.

Corrie Peanut, Lucy, Satchmo, Band-Aid and Flea

PS: I'm so proud of Mr. Peanut so I have to brag <G> He can be seen in
issue #5 Modern Ferrets on the pink noses page. Look for the sable
under the Christmas Tree knocking over the train set.