Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 08:30:00 CDT
O.k. now we are getting somewhere.  I spoke with Dr. Williams yesterday
and Maggie has a congenital reduplication of the esophagus.  We tried to
take xrays last night but could not get the fluid in so now we wait for it
to fill again and then aspirate, fill w/xray fluid, xray.  The second
esophagus is not communicating with the true esophagus so if it doesn't go
too far down it shouldn't be a problem to remove.  If it goes too far down
we may not be able to remove it.  If this is the case then there must be
something else we can do for Maggie.  She can't eat hard food without
coughing it back up several times before it stays down.  She tries so hard.
Maggie has been and is eating soft mush on her own.  Please check with your
veterinarians, if they've ever dealt with this type of birth defect have
them contact Dr.  Snyder directly at (913) 233-3185 or email their name and
number to me and I will pass it along to Dr.  Snyder.  I can't believe that
some vet somewhere has not dealt with this before (maybe if not in a ferret
they've dealt with it in a dog or cat which may help) so please please ask
your vets.  Maggie is such a sweet little girl (as they all are) and so
young.  We need your help and we need to band together to save her precious
little life.
Hugs to all.  tle