From:
Gail Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 08:33:16 -0400
Reply to Sukie's Post:
I also work with another internet special interest group and it is BECAUSE
we maintain a specific focus that it is successful--just as here with
FerDig.  I'm not a ferret breeder and nor has ferret math struck, but I
have found you all to be completely inclusive, to be helpful and
non-intrusive, and to know when to "hold em" and when to "fold em" when
issues begin to drive the discussions.  All in all it is because of a level
and equal playing field that newbies feel comfortable here and that we
longer term "subscribers" feel we can come in and browse or not when we
have the chance and/or the need.

Also, even with my limited experience I do try to respond to new owners as
after 6 years and two ferts we do have experiences worth sharing to help
the new owner over the hump of that first year or two.  I don't forget
that dog and cat owners have past experiences to call on, and everyone has
someone they know who has a dog or cat and so can talk to that person for
information.  Until very recently, fert owners were out in the cold and
many of you live where you can't even find a vet who knows a whole lot
about ferts.  Even my vet who is specially interested in exotics rarely
has another fert at the clinic when I am there.

Anyway, thanks to BIG, Sukie, Pam and all the other Fertexperts and folks
here for always giving enough detail and specific information on problems
and for willingly and patiently repeating that info when it becomes
relevant to our babies.

Love you guys!
Gail, Bob, Clyde and BonnieBridgeTender