From:
Ginny Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 16:23:35 -0400
Has anyone out there heard of a new flea control product called advantage?
Program has been out for a little while, unfortunately it only sterilizes
the female fleas.  The dog and the critter are both currently on program,
tho both are still a flea heaven.  Heard yesterday about a new flea control
called advantage that is just out.  Is supposed to KILL them darn fleas!  At
the same time I heard about a product called ecto-foam (?) that is supposed
to be pretty good at killing fleas, but won't harm the fuzzy critter.  Any
info on either of these before I call the vet about them?  With rain every
day the fleas are gaining ground rapidly and can use all the help I can get.
Thanks for your help :)

[Moderator's note: There are 2 new products out this year in the US that are
reputed to be pretty astounding in their flea-killing powers: Advantage and
Frontline.  Both are available only through veterinarians and as far as I
know, neither have been approved for ferrets - suggest seeing your vet. BIG]