From:
tsmeyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:27:33 -0600
Hi all...

Just thought I'd send a quick update on my stepmom and her battle against
AML.  She finished her 1st bout of chemotherapy this past weekend.
Currently she is on a "week off" from that, she'll start her second
round in a few days.

The docs biospsied some bone marrow from her on Wednesday.  The result of
that biospy was NEGATIVE for the leukemia!!!  The docs were expecting to
find the cancer 50% to70% gone... not 100%.  They were shocked & amazed!
We all were shocked, amazed and terribly happy. :)

This does not mean she is cured.  It only means that the form of
chemotherapy that they're using is working... and working very well.
It also gives us all much higher hopes for beating this thing!

I want to thank those who have sent cards so far... you really have no
idea how much a card from a complete stranger can lift someone's spirits.
My stepmom is saving all the cards in a scrapbook.  I think my dad is as
excited about the cards as she is!  He likes to see where they all come
from... and he was really impressed that everyone who has sent a card has
also written a note inside as well.  "Nobody just signed a card and sent
it off.  They all wrote something!" :)

I would like to thank you each individually, but at this time I cannot...
as I'm not sure from whom all the cards have come.  My dad gets so
excited about them, he takes them right from the post office to the
hospital... so I don't see them and he can't remember, after returning
home, who they came from, sooooooooo... :) My stepmom is saving all the
envelopes, so eventually I'll be able to thank you all...

Thanks again so much for taking the time to brighten my stepmom's day. :)
I'll repost the address, in case anyone is still interested in sending a
card.

Pat Meyers
Box 266
Waverly, NE 68462

Tammy & The War Weasels!

~~~~~
"But we in it shall be remember'd; we few, we happy few, we band of
brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother..."