From:
"Dixon H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 00:52:00 EST
In November I wrote to you and FML about Scooter. Then he was in
the clutches of adrenal disease ...almost total baldness and ,
what I particularly sought advice on from you, his hyper
nervousness.

Now ( beginning about four weeks ago ) the symptoms started to
abate. He seems in complete remission now. His white fur grew back
at a furious pace. He's fully covered now. He's no longer the
jumpy, jittery little fellow he used to be.

We are aware that we are dealing here with a form of cancer. It
comes and goes and his remission may not last forever.

But a FML reader kindly cautioned  us that her ferret died  while
in a similar state of adrenal disease remission. She warned that a
side effect of adrenal disease can upset the chemistry of the
urinary system, causing her ferret to create bladder stones. The
resulting operation was not successful for her little one.

>>>Is there a connection here?...I mean between adrenal disease
and urinary tract problems? If so, can we try to thwart it through
a nutritional regimin?<<<

Dixon, Barbara, Max the cat, and Scooter
Dallas, Texas