From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:14:52 -0500
I ship ferrets all over the world and have never had a problem with the
airlines.  Thank God!!  When I do this I pick the best schedule for the
ferrets.  Today I was talking with a worker of a major airline.  They
recieve ferrets from Marshall Farms to go into the local petstores.
Here is an example of what he told me.......

About 75.00 is what M.F pays to have them shipped..... this is concider
cargo....far from first class!!!!!!!  OK they are routed through an airport
to be tranfered to another plane BUT they are held for 24 hours before
the second plane transfer.  For ONLY 100.00 more (not per ferret but per
shipping crate they are sent in) they can go first class and transfer to
the next plane within 1 hour.  What I am saying is 100 bucks buy them a
quick tranfer, less time in a dung filled wooden crate with stupid wood
shavings to breath.  God help them...ferrets are to wonderful to be managed
by stupid people!!!

[WD]