From:
Meryl Anne Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:41:31 -0700
Dear Nell,

I have never met you but I worry about your situation. I agree with
Sukie, get your animals out if you can and just leave with a big
suitcase and the animals. As you say - the important things are the
animals and yourself. Can you get whatever you can for the car and do
it "under the table" and let the new owner deal with the paperwork if
possible? Sounds like that country is a bureaucratic nightmare. You and
your pets are important. Also if you are short of funds and space for
items, maybe it would be better to copy the computer contents on to a
portable drive - also known as a memory stick and sell the computer
quickly for cash just before you leave - maybe they don't have those
small storage memory sticks in Ethiopia - I don't know. You could
easily buy a tablet or small laptop when you get to the US - found this
a few minutes ago- Samsung has a laptop with a 11 inch screen selling
at Office Depot or online for $250. Just wanted to suggest options. If
you don't have a phone - then the laptop is essential for communicating
by email I agree. I have read your posts and worry something bad may
happen to you or your pets.

Meryl