From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:13:24 +0000
I was just wondering what people consider a rescue.  I know the Hagers
Town ferrets were for sure rescues!!!!!!!!

I took in three I from a woman I consider rescues.  My vet called me to
see if I would take them because the woman was considering having them
put down.  There is a very sad story behind this situation, but I won't
go into that.  My heart did break for this woman.  All three of the
ferrets were adreanal.  She knew something was wrong but didn't not
have the money for any treatment.  I took them in, treated them and
loved them.

I have Nomad who was dropped into the arms of a pet shop owner, and his
daddy just walked out on him.  I do not consider him a rescue, as the
owner of the shop is my niece and she placed him in my care.  She could
have had him vet checked and sold him.

I have some that were who given into my care because the owners at that
time did not have the time they deemed proper for the ferrets.  I do not
consider that a rescue.  I consider that love on the former owners part.

I have pet shop babys that would have died had I not taken them in to
care for.  I consider that a sort of a rescue, but the fact that they
could have gone back to the shop makes me say they are not rescues.  Yep
I bought them.  So just out of curiosity what do you consider a rescue.

REANEE GLADDEN

"SQUEEZLES GALORE"
http://reaneelgladden.tripod.com/squeezlesgalore/