Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:02:53 -0400
Now for the fun part -- just what the heck should I do for Ferret Aid
2006.

Some ideas for mini art:
- paintings/drawings/colourings on various types of paper, wood,
  canvas, cloth
- switch plates
- wood burnings
- artistic photos
- collages
- clay figurines and props in mat frame or box frame or little wreaths
- tiles, stain glass, ceramic wall decorations..
- cross stitch, embroidery..
- combinations of the above mediums

Some limited material suggestions:
-  Michaels floral rings makes a nice circular frame
-  look in Art supply stores for:
    - eg. http://www.currys.com/artistsmaterial/prodviewer.asp?catID=3D6
    - canvas boards, masonite from under $1
    - streched canvases 4"x4" around $2=09
    - uncut mats (these will be way cheaper than what you find in
      craft stores or photo stores)
- camera stores/craft stores
   - look for pre-cut mats on sale
     (I got some 5x7 with a 3.5x5 display space for $1 each)

Some suggestions:
- sign and date your work
- base your price on cost of materials, or number of hours
- you may want to go with a standard size like 5"x7",
  8"x10" etc so it's easy for people to find frames
- if you plan to make several similar works, working
  on them at the same time may speed you up

Some examples of miniatures I've created for my university's annual
miniature art sale can be found here:
    http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu/artwork/minis.html
    http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu/artwork/minis2001.html
the prices I set for these miniatures were between 20-30 cdn, and
only the ones that say sold were actually sold at the auction.  a
couple were sold on the fml and some were given away to friends.

I'm primarily an amateur painter, so I can only think of so much, but
if you've got suggestions, send them my way, and I'll add to the list.
I'll also ask Jenny, the Ferret Aid webmaster, to link this info in the
Ferret Aid 2006 website.

hope there's lots of participation!  feel free to email me with
questions!

Ferret Aid 2006  ---  a year from today ---

Selina, Sprite, Dart, Clef, Popcorn & Sorin