From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:20:13 -0700
I have a box of 8-in-1 chicken flavored FerretBites in a square Tupperware
container.  These treats are the kids' favorite (next to FerretVite, of
course).  So when I want them to come to me, I just shake the Tupperware
around.  The Herd will come running from anywhere and usually wake up from
the death sleep for it.

When a kid is being particularly ornery and won't come out from behind an
object, such as a dresser or the TV stand, I open the FerretVite tube and
squeeze it in the direction the fert is hiding, just enough so that air
goes in & out of the tube and wafts the scent.  (Although I have squeezed a
little too enthusiastically and wound up with a puddle of FerretVite that
is quickly scarfed up).

Noel & Sandy come running for jingle bells.  Noel especially tries to kill
them once she captures them.

As for favorites, I always whisper to Gizmo that he is my favorite.  He is
our 5-1/2 yr old, 3+yr survivor of insulinoma & 6mo.  survivor of adrenal
disease.  Gizzy is my boy.  I don't know what I would do without him.  He
is my stability.  He is so intelligent, you can actually see him think
things through.  Like when he tried to get into a closet and a throw rug
was in the way.  He paused, looked at the rug then the door, then pulled
the rug out of the way and opened the door!

Kyle is my fiance's favorite.  What a daddy's boy!  The big pudge just
turns to pudding in Sean's arms.  Except when Sean has a goatee, which Kyle
does not like one bit!

And since Sandy is the little loner, I try to be a little more attentive to
her and spoil her.  If Gizmo weren't around, she would be my favorite.  She
has the most amazing soft fur I have ever felt.  And the sweetest little
"please love me" face.

===
Aileen & the herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act but a
habit."