From:
Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:55:37 -0500
**Dateline February 7, 2000: Elvis has been reportedly sighted in
Parsippany, NJ.  He was seen slipping from one car into another at the
local Applebee's Restaurant.  Unfortunately no papparazzi were present to
document the sighting.**

Just to keep you folks in the know, Elvis was successfully transfered from
Chris' home in Parsippany to my home in Plainfield.  He's in quarantine for
the next few weeks of course.  After that, I'll work to slowly introduce
him to the crew.  He's been an only ferret, tho with 2 dogs and a cat in
residence so I have high hopes for a smooth introduction.  He is currently
pretty hyper and rather upset, so I'm sure he'll need some time to calm
down.  He's in a quiet room and I'll visit him regularly and spoil him
rotten.

For the record, he's a MF sable boy, very pretty with a dark mask and dark
brown 'points'.  I'd almost be tempted to call him 'black footed ferret
color' except he's darker all over than a BFF.  I'm not good at this color
name thing.  Elvis is supposedly about 2 years old.  He looks to be in good
condition: good ears, nice coat, bright eyes, decent poops for a ferret
who's been eating cat and dog food.  He's purported to be a touch finicky
about food.  Cross your fingers but I've never been out-stubborned by a
furry yet.

I've told Chris that if she finds herself in a better situation in a year
or so, she's welcome to have him back.  But of course, he's welcome to
stay.  Even if my husband is mad at me for bringing him home.  I guess he
wasn't listening when I talked about going to Fuzztek Central or Kista
Ferret and picking up another ferret or two.  Ah well.

Anastasia and the 11 ferrets, plus 1!