From:
Nancy Mendiburu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:36:27 -0800
I want to thank everybody that answered my plea giving me advise and so
needed information, this disease manifest itself by weakness in the legs
although not too obvious months later your fuzzie seems like he wants to
throw up,the first 2 vets I took him misdiagnoed him with a stomach virus
or flu, it was the third one that ran the right tests and found out the
correct disease, the prognosis is not good but you guys have given me the
right path and I am looking into alternative cures, this disease comes
from not feeding them the correct diet,Myckey was raised on dog food and
when I got him he already had it, but we are not giving up .

I urge everybody to seriously document themselves and teach everybody
they can about the dangers of not providing the right nutrients to this
special creatures, we have spent thousands of dollars and we are feeding
him every 2 hours so he can regain his strenght.  My only son has kept
him going with subcutaneous shots, if they get dehidrated they don't come
back, this is something that every ferret owner should know how to do and
keep at home.the solution does not go bad if it is no contaminated , so
you always use a new needle, ask for the ones for insulin, they are
finer.

I will keep you posted on how Myckey is doing, he also wags his tail in
the tunnels.