From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 11:10:22 -0400
Hi Everyone,
My CJ seems to be doing better.  I noticed this week that he has been a
little more alert than he's been.  He does however, have an increasing
problem with hind leg weakness due to the insulinoma.  He use to be able
to walk on the linoleum and now his legs slide out from under him.  He
gets around on the carpet just fine but he is definitely not moving very
quickly.  It's gotten worse in the past month.

My question is this: has anyone ever tried any massage or acupuncture on
ferrets with weak hind legs?  I am a licensed massage therapist here in
Phoenix and it seems to me that there should be something I should be
able to do to maybe slow down the process.  Has anyone had any experience
in that field?  If so, what were the results?  If massage is so good for
human muscles than why not ferrets, right?  (if you can get them to stay
still long enough)

One last thing: I know weak hind legs are common with ferrets with this
disease but what exactly is it?  Are the muscles wasting away?  Is it a
blood sugar issue?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Jennifer, CJ, Cindy & Pete; the frolicking ferreteria formerly of Phoenix