From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:44:15 -0700
The FerretStore wrote:
>"But, I feel that I needed to post this because when a company starts
>advertising prices like this, it could possibly make the consumer feel
>that they have paid unfair prices in the past from other retailers and
>companies, when in fact, nothing could be farther from the truth..."

I am the person who posted anonymously about the sale price.  At least I
know that TF is priced high from the get-go and that this is a lost leader
price to lure in new customers.  I suspect everyone else knows this too.
When a person has a lot of ferrets, a tight budget, or both, we find it
necessary to take advantage of such specials.  It's unrealistic to think
that at least some of us won't take advantage of this price.

I buy *all* my groceries as lost leaders and shop at thrift and discount
food stores.  I buy my clothes at thrift stores.  I don't have outside
entertainment since my ferrets provide me with enough to last me 24 hours a
day.  The only vacation I've been on in 7 years is a driving trip 8 hours
away and my ferrets all went with me.  It is unrealistic to think that
people in my shoes would pay higher prices under such circumstances.  Some
of us give up everything else in our lives for our ferret companions.

My vet doesn't have specials so I have to budget my money for veterinary
care and medicine and skimp in other ways in my life.  I buy many things
for my ferrets via mail order and the internet.  But I won't pay a single
dollar more than I absolutely have too.  I have used TF for years and
find a bargain like this to be a financial godsend.

[FW]