From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 09:15:08 -0400
This is in answer to Erika Frank from yesterday:  Ferrets are still illegal
to own in the State of Mass.  We are working on a Bill (House Bill 295, the
ferret bill) which is presently in the Senate Ways and Means Committee. This
is the furthest any bill has made it in this state to date.

For more information you can contact me by E-mail or call the Ferret Hotline
in Mass which will give you updates on the bills progression. That number is
 (617) 224-1098.  You can also leave a message on that line.

I want to remind all Mass residents, please be careful on taking your fuzzies
outside.  There has been three confirmed cases of ferrets being confiscated
within the last three weeks here in MA.  There was a posting on FML yesterday
about a postal worker in the western part of the state who takes their fuzzie
to work.  Please, I warn you, be very careful.  Not trying to sound paranoid
but try talking to the people who have had theirs taken from them

Side note:  the two from Turners Falls, MA are safely in a NH shelter along
with the one from Haverhill, there was another incident in Foxboro, but I
don't have confirmation on where their fuzzie ended up.  Reports are that F&G
have been really cooperating with owners as far as "warning" them in advance,
but still, they are mandated to CONFISCATE AND KILL your ferrets.

The best advice I can give you is to keep your ferrets inside your homes,
call  and write your Mass State Senator and tell them to pass House Bill 295!