Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 19:21:29 -0700
>I will be moving out to Salt Lake City, Utah soon and was wondering if
>anyone had any idea if they are illegal there or not? ...

At the moment, ferrets are not illegal in the state of Utah, but Salt Lake
County DOES have a problem with them.  They are not enforcing the ban, but
they are being very obstinate about removing it.

Since I moved away, a year and a half ago, there's been very little I can
do to help things along there, and the ferret movement seems to have
languished.  :( (of course, now *I* live in California, and am moving
because my apt manager doesn't allow wild animals...)

However, if you want to get the most recent update, you can contact my
brother in S.L.C. his e-mail is [log in to unmask]

Matt Ouimette
founder, Utah Ferret Association