From:
Marie Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:55:16 EDT
Chris and Tara:
Have you had Jesters stool checked for Giardia?  Giardia is a parasite that
exists in most tap water.  This parasite is so small according to Dr. K.
that it doesn't affect our digestive systems as severely as it does our
fuzzies simply because the fuzzies systems are so much smaller than ours.
Right?  I have personally treated 3 fuzzies, successfully with, liquid
Flagyl.  Flagyl must be administered exactly in the dosage the Dr.
prescribes (Correct me if I'm wrong someone, it has been awhile) but, I
believe it is the standard 0.1 cc's (ml) per pound of body weight.  Fuzzies
absolutely hate the stuff so, scruff them tight when you give it to them.
I always follow right away with either nutri-cal or ferretone.  It takes
about 2 weeks before they do a complete 180 and you would never know they
were thin.  You may want to re-Xray jester's throat and tummy or if you
can afford it, try an ultrasound.  Best of Luck Jester, Chris and Tara.

I'll pray for an additional guardian angel to be sent your way. God Bless

Jim, Marie, Brad, David &

The Fuzzy Wallace Klan