From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:48:32 -0500
Buy Bill Gruber's Middle Name! Win a Valuable Prize!

For a limited time only (until Feb 5, 2000) you too can know Bill (BIG)
Gruber's mysterious middle name.  I assure you that you will be surprised
and shocked.

To find out his name, send a donation in any amount to the FML Support Our
Shelters fund. Checks to S.O.S. should be made out to:
    Judith White, dba Support Our Shelters
and mailed to:
    Judith White
    1236 Belfield Avenue
    Drexel Hill, PA 19026-4211

As soon as you have put the check in the mail, email me at
[log in to unmask] and I will email you his middle name.  You must
have your check in the mail by Feb 5.  You must agree not to divulge this
name to others to protect its value.

The person who makes the largest donation will win a $25 gift certificate
to The Ferret Store!  To determine the prize winner, Judith will wait til
about one week after the closing date for checks to arrive.  She will then
post the name of the winner, who should contact me with mailing address to
receive the gift certificate.  In the case of a tie, Judith will place the
names in a sleep sack and pull out the winning name.  She promises not to
peek.  (You may request to remain anonymous, just include a note with your
check.)

Remember this is a limited time offer, so send your check by Feb 5.  If
you forget to send the check, or if you reveal the name to others, FLO
agents are standing by to invade your home, destroy your sofa, poop on
your carpets and steal your keys.  They may be there already!!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH

[Moderator's note: OK, Linda, award the gift certificate to the highest
contributor, but I'd like to award a prize to a random contributor as well.
(Guess I'd like to think that a low income person who contributes also has
a chance of winning something.  So... when you have all the names together,
please make a list of them and number the names any way you wish.  Then
please let me know the total number of names you have, and I'll choose a
number in the range who will be the winner of the prize.  I don't know
yet what that prize will be, but I'll figure it out by then!  BIG]