From:
Kim Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 12:22:35 -0700
Hello everyone -

I pray that God will heal all those ill fuzzie babies out there and comfort
those Moms & Dads with little ones at the Bridge - remember the best times
and forget the end.

OK I have thought about writing about this for a long time and just thought
it might be my perception, but now it is getting even more apparent.

I have 2 fuzzies Frankie is 2 1/2 and Poncho is 1 1/2 both are caged at
night and have free roam during the day.  Here is my dilemma Frankie
seems way mellow and Poncho is way crazy.

Frankie -
Marshall Farms
bought at Petco he was 6-8 months old
has his 4th & 5th toe on the back foot grown together
no one bought him until I did
sleeps through the night
gets up plays lightly for maybe 1 hour in the morning
sleeps the rest of the day and early evening
he then gets up in the early evening
plays normal for 2-3 hours
goes back to sleep for 3-4 hours
then plays around for maybe an hour
then starts his sleep through the night
Frank is mellow - very sweet and plays nice
he is always being chased by Poncho
he gets into some things but he is very well behaved
he will ignore us, likes his time to himself, but likes attention
he speed bumps in front of me quite often when out

Poncho -
don't know who the breeder is
also bought at Petco he was maybe 3-4 months old
he had been bought and returned a week before I got him
sleeps only about 3-4 hours at a stretch at the longest
wakes easily and is wide awake and ready to go
he plays rough and hard with Frank
is rowdy, fearless and gets into everything
he misses nothing
he is fast and hard to catch
has to be coaxed to come to us
hides quickly when approached
is a mean rough fighter
shows no fear
likes to be with us when he is up
seems to pester Frank all the time
he is the Energizer Ferret!
He wears me out.

1/2 the time the sleep together and cuddle, the rest of the time Poncho
finds his own hang out.

These guys are both fed Totally Ferret, rarely have sweets, treats are
Ferrettone or Vaseline for hairballs.

They both crave sweets and Poncho is really aggressive to get them, he
climbs my back, jumps for treats.

The other night Ponch jumped off my shoulder for red licorice, dug into a
strand with his teeth, held on, wouldn't let go when he was lifted off the
ground and hissed at me when I tried to pry him off.  He held on until the
piece broke off and he ran away with it.

Frank tries to get sweets for maybe a minute, but then realizes he won't
get them and leaves.

OK here is the issue:
These guys are like night and day - Are they both normal with different
personalities?  Is Frankie too slow or Poncho to busy?

It isn't the age because Frankie is about the same maybe a little mellower
than when young.  Poncho is as crazy as ever and shows no signs of slowing
down.  Someone screams occasionally when they play fight and I can't tell
who it is.  I think it may be Frank but I have watched and can't tell who
has the upper hand when the screaming starts.

Wadda ya tink?

Kim the Oregon one
http://www.kimreyes.com