From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:49:58 -0400
Over 500 dogs and cats alone die in air travel mishaps each year in the
U.S.  New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg and N.J. Congressman Robert
Menendez are introducing a bill to protect our pets.  It would require
safety precautions and it would allow suits of up to $5,000 per animal.

Right now I have an e-mail out trying to get the specifics of the bill.
Hopefully, it won't bounce, but it really DOES exist and will be soon be
introduced.  After I heard the news report I called the senator's office
to be sure, though they did not have specifics for us, yet, so worked from
news.

Please, let your senators and congresspeople know that you SUPPORT
regulations to make air travel safe for our pets, and let other pet lists
know about this effort.