Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:11:50 EDT
It's with a heavy heart,this morning.

I went in to do meds/soups & found Grizz laying on the floor,cold,
whimpering.  I picked him up,wrapped him in a blankie ,holding him to my
chest as I raced to get the phone.Called vet & said I was on my way.

I raced my old car at 90 with hazards flashing,running red lights,ect,
blasting the horn for ppl to get the heck out of my way!!Grizz gasped one
good time & was gone.I still proceeded to the vets.He confirmed that
Grizz was gone.  We took him into the backroom & opened him up.I wanted
to know what had happened.Preforated bowels.

So,I took Grizz back home to be buried sometime today.But first,I wanted
his *family* to get to say their goodbyes.His twin brother,Bear,laid next
to Grizz,pawing,whimpering,as if trying to get him to wake up.Bear is
still laying on Grizz.The other ferts sniffed & some laid down for a
minute next to Grizz.Bear has stayed.

So,in awhile,I'll take Grizz & put him to rest with the others.In a
hanmmie that Diane I had sent him.He was a 9 yr old shelter brat who
knew what love was in the 2 yrs he's been here.

I'll miss you dude,Go dance with Bandit,Lil Girl,Lil Britches & all the
rest of the crew from here.I love you

Sandi
Heaven Scent ferret Rescue/Shelter
http://fuzzyslave.tripod.com