Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:52:54 -0800
I have seen a number of times people posting about Petco.  Till this past
Thursday I had never been to a Petco.  Where I live we have Petsmart.

I had to drive to Kenosha WI last week from Lexington KY and as I was up
in Kenosha visiting with a friend I was told of a Petco and that they had
been known to have ferrets there.  Not much more was said about Petco or
that they carried ferrets.  As I sat and talk with my friend in the back
of my head I kept feeling the need to go to Petco I did not know why, we
have 15 baby's and was not in need of any more.  But still I heard that
inner voice telling me to go to Petco.  after about 30 mins of this I
asked how to get to Petco and left to visit the store.

Upon my arrival I seen the ferrets in a large glass display case.  I look
them over, they had 4 ferrets.  Asked a sales girl if I could hold and
check them out.  The sales girl was very nice and happy to help me.  The
case the ferrets was very clean with bedding of yesterdays news, the
ferrets had what looked like Marshals brand Ferret food both dry and wet
also had plunty of water.  There was two litter pans with clean litter.
The ferret looked very health, I picked up and held them all, all gave
kisses and very sweet baby's.  I felt Petco was doing a very good job
of seeing to the care of there ferrets.  But I did not know why I felt
so strong about going to Petco all was good here.  As I looked over the
baby's I talked to the sales girl about us having 15 ferrets at home and
how much we love them she told me that the day before some one had
dropped off 2 young ferrets at the store and the manager had them in the
back waiting to go to the vet.  I asked if I could see them and was told
I would have to talk to the manager of the store.  After talking to the
store manager she agreed to let me see the baby's.  She came out of the
back room with two small baby's both boys and very small and some what
skinny and scared so bad.  I took both baby's and placed them under my
coat to calm and cuddle them.  After a couple minutes they both calmed
down and I asked what it would take for me to take them home right now
back to KY.  I was told that it could be seen how much I love and care
for the ferrets and she (manager) would be happy knowing they went to a
home like mine and there would be no charge.  With that I went looking
for the needed supply to transport them back home to KY.  As I was
looking at a carrier for them the manager came up to me with the ferrets
in a very large carrier with bedding and food all I had to get was a food
dish litter pan and water bottle.  The manager ask me for all my info and
that I let her know when I get home so she will know all went well.

The Baby's are now here in KY there new names are now CoCo we got the
name from the store name Petco and Dodger from the Dodge Truck they rode
in to KY.  They go to the vet Monday for a full check out.  I now know
why I had that need to go to Petco and feel it was my Raskil (he left
my for the Bridge) telling me I was needed to help.  I know this sounds
crazy but some times we have to listen to that inner voice.  One more
thing I would like to say is the people at Petco were great and so is
the store if you go there tell Sharon the store manager CoCo and Dodger
oh and Glen said Hi.

Glen Barton
Rescue of KY