Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:59:38 EDT
Dear Ones ~

We knew it was going to happen, and soon, Miss Jazzy died in the night.
I had her with me under the blanket until about 3 a.m. She ate a grape
(all she would take in the past 4 days), drank some water and went
into her cage.

Because I want all of my babies to leave something behind I have made
up Jazzy's Heart, a flower essence for those left behind. It is, I
hope, this evening helping Ling-ling and me. So we have The Cody
Essence (on Kat's website) that helps sick ferrets eat; Calvin's Love
that prepares all animals in the house to deal with oncoming death;
and Jazzy's Heart which I hope helps others in the family live on.

Right now Ling-ling is going around the perimeters of the room looking
for Jazz. She spent the past 4 days grooming Jazzy, licking her, and
keeping her warm. So I think I'll keep her in with me tonight. She got
to see Miss Jazzy after death and spent some time cleaning her up. It
was beautiful to see. She is so close to her mommy right now. She has
had time playing with Snickers in the second playgroup who is also
deaf. So it won't be too hard for her to have a friend.

I'm so grateful for my ferret friends...each of you are so special.
Please join me when you get this by placing a candle in your window
to light Jazzy's way to Calvin.

I love you ~
Mary