From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1993 01:37:59 -0500
I will be away from now until Dec 29.  Until that time, the FML will
be running on autopilot.  Since it's only a week, I've decided to
not automate anything w.r.t. anon postings and subscription requests
being forwarded to Bill for action.  Thus, neither will be processed
until the 29th.  However, in emergency, either anon or subscription-related
you can mail directly to Bill ([log in to unmask]) and he can deal
with it in my stead.  That is, if he's around....  If he's not, you
might want to try one of these for anon posts:

        [log in to unmask]    (Katie Fritz)
        [log in to unmask]           (Nancy Hartman)

Actually, handling an "anon" is easy.  Just hand it to a non-anon member,
have them delete all of the identifying information, and send it to
ferret-list as if it were a normal article.

I am experimenting with automating anon postings, and do have something
working.  The problem is that it can't always detect signatures and delete
them - mail headers are easy.  And I don't have anything setup for people
to test whether the anonymizer works.   I will be providing more detail
in the new year, and going live with it.  After suitable warnings etc.

Important: "Something" went wrong with the LISTSERV over the last couple
of days.  We don't know what it was.  Everything was okay on this side.
Issue 674 was lost, and I reposted it.  There probably were a few subscription
changes that were also lost.  If you mailed one in in the past several (3-4)
days, please resend it.  I will be attempting to regenerate what was lost,
but some assist won't hurt...

Season's Greetings to all!