From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:34:59 -0700
>From:    Monique Wall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hawaii
>Could any tell me 'bout Laws in Hawaii, regarding Ferrets as I may be
>making the move from Australia and really want to take my fuzzie with me.

Put simply, you have a *problem*, dude.

They're illegal, to start with.  Normally, that wouldn't be a major
issue...I'm a fugitive in the only other "ban state" left, California.  But,
to sneak my guys in, I only had to drive 400 miles.

You're dealing with 3,000+ miles of pure wet - one major moat.  Worse,
Hawaii is paranoid about non-native species getting into their ecosystems
and playing havoc, as happened with Mongoose, Cats, Goats, etc...so trying
to pass 'em off as cats at the airport probably won't work, even if you rig
up a carrier that hides the interior yet allows ventilation.  And carry-on
is out...MAN would I like to see the look on the XRAY SECURITY TECH'S face
when she sees little wiggly skeletons on her bomb-check screen.

Hmmmm...only one solution.  Private, non-commercial boat ride.  Not
impossible...put up notices at major boat yards, offering to pay for a ride
to Hawaii if anybody's headed that way!  With luck, it won't cost more than
the price of a plane ticket...it'll take time, though.

Do weasels get seasick?