From:
Scott Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 16:43:43 -0700
Hi All
I've been a lurker her for a bit (namely I had nothing important to say) but
now I have some thing that I would like to share with you.It seems that I am
one of the extremely lucky people that were able to get a ferret from Sam in
New Zealand and I thought that I would pass along how our new little girl is
getting along.When we picked her up from the airport I wasn't sure what to
expect the flight she had that day wasn't long but it had been an extremely
long couple of days for her.I expected one worn out fert.I was suprised to
find her not exactly playful but very alert.She seemed to know that we were
her new folks and was pleased with that fact.  After getting her home we let
her out of her carrier so she could have a bit of a look around and start to
get used to her new surroundings.  The first thing she did was stick her
head out look around and yawn.Now we are not interior decorators but I never
thought the house was boring,oh well.  Next she came out and decided to look
around she just explored didn't war dance but thats understandable.  I was
thinking that we had just received a very laid back ferret.  The next day
after we had let her get used to her new house we let her out to play that
was when I realised that we had gotten a turbocharged fert.I mean all 8
cylinders and a Paxton supercharger.She has to be one of the fastest little
girls Ive ever seen.She is also very sweet.  The only thing that concerns me
is that she has lost a patch of hair on her shoulder but I've attributed
that to the incredible speeds she has achieved.(don't worry its where they
shaved her to identify her in transit) In closing I would like to thank all
the people who helped make Kiwi's journey from half way around the world to
our home here in Spokane.  First Sam for allowing us to have her.  Second
Joe who put in a lot of hard work getting people lined up to see her safely
through the "Black Hole"of Ca.  And the folks in the Black Hole for driving
2 hrs.  To see her safely through .  I cant tell you how much we appreciate
it.I'll post again soon and let you all know how she is getting on and what
kind of reactions she has with the rest of our menagerie.

Scott Sackett