Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 20:44:32 -0800
Mike,

Yes, I have seen ferrets regrow hair after being rescued from a less
than ideal situation. Whether it is better food, less stress, or even
just better living conditions, I have seen ferrets who have come into
the shelter nearly bald; I'm convinced the ferret has adrenal disease
and within a month has started growing hair back without any
medications. Better food is one of the primary reasons I'm sure.

So, yes, I have seen this happen before, several times!

Melanee Ellis
Shelter Manager, Lane Area Ferret Shelter and Rescue