Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 20:36:06 -0400
Well, with all that is happening in this world right now, it seems that
there is someone out there that just has nothing better to do than to TRY
and cause problems for the shelters out there.  At least the ones in
Florida.  A while back I had a complaint against me regarding the raffle I
was holding for a slot machine.  Someone who bought 2 tickets, got angry
because the drawing was not held when it was supposed to be.  My Father
was ill and dying, and died on June 25th so the drawing had been delayed.
I since have found out, that wasn't really the reason for the complaint
with the state, but the excuse to be able to file a complaint.

I apologized to all for the mess up, I filed my non profit corporation
papers, I also filed with the Department of Agriculture Division of
consumer Services.  All was fine with those except a few items I missed or
had in the wrong place.  Anyway,I'm okay.  BUT Today, I get a call from
them , it seems that this person has placed another complaint with them,
telling them all about my over 300 items on ebay.  I had not received my
papers yet, so I did not know about some things that had to be placed at
the bottom of my pages, no big deal.  But what has happened because of
this person, the state is now looking at all shelter or rescue auctions
on ebay, if you aren't registered with them, you're going to end up
getting a letter.  The woman at the state office even mentioned notifying
all other states regarding this matter of shelters on ebay.  So this is a
warning for anyone who is not a 501-c-3 and even if you are, you still
have to be registered with the state.  This person is going to cause
problems for others besides myself.  Of course there is no problem with
me, I'm registered, I don't know what they were trying to achieve.  I
guess they would like to see the ferrets starving and on the streets
because ebay is how I earn money to care for these guys.  I worked hard
to put over 300 items on ebay and I'm still listing.

I think it's sad that there are so many people out there struggling, doing
the best they can for the ferrets, and there are people out there that
have to go out of their way to try to start trouble.  Sure , many shelters
have financial problems, how can you not when you have over 30 or 40
ferrets.  It isn't cheap to feed them, litter cost money, you do laundry
like crazy, my most recent bill was $460.  I'm not a rich person, but I
do the best I can and if it were not for people like myself and others
willing to give up a normal life to be able to care for the animals, where
would they be?  All shelters are full as it is now.  We actually need more
shelters out there.  Maybe this person that has nothing better to do could
start a shelter and help out.  Then they would certainly have something
better to do.  They need to do something and leave me alone, I'm a nice
person, I try to be a good Christian, but I can be pushed too far and
then,-----

Just wanted to alert the shelters.

Sue & the fuzzes