From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 17:45:36 -0500
I still have to catch up on our FMLs.

Today ordered some adorable ferret Xmas postcards from FerretWare: The
Holiday Sweater Ferret by Ching of Evergreen Press, pack of 30 for $9.95
plus $3 shipping per order (not per pack), and found out that they will be
having a web site (It's under construction at http://www.ferretware.com/ .)
Of course, you can still get them at 1-800-337-7389.

N. Z. Jim, part of the communication problem is semantic.  You are a lumper
and consider domestic ferrets, fitch, polecats, and crosses to be the same.
Over here we differentiate.

Bryan, I know how you feel about wanting to join ferret piles.  My head
actually fits through the cage doors (no cracks about it being small because
there is so little in it) so I get to burrow my face in a sleepy pile.  (
That corn fritter/bakery sleep smell knocks me out, though.  Some biochemist
should bottle it as a sleep aid.  It works even better on Steve.) Actually,
I am getting to walk around in a daze recently, because whenever Meltie is
too cold for even putting feet and tail in my mouth I wind up with her in my
clothing next to me in a tied up flannel shirt for extended periods.  Try
walking around and doing things when you're getting strong "Go to sleep"
signals (unless you are Bill who does it for us daily from the extreme
kindness of his heart).  Today we had to up Meltdown's Lasix, poor thing.
BTW, she LOVES it when I get red hands with hot flashes and will come put
her little extremities against them whenever she notices.  We KNEW I had to
be having those things for a reason!

Our sympathy card to Kelleen came back from the post office with a no-such
address stamp.  Kathy, when you get a chance could you send it again?

Michael Janke, could you, please, post your shelter's veterinary hospital
name and address?

Found out the other day that I've lost some peripheral vision.  Have to get
our guys to keep their collar on more to help in not accidently stepping on
anyone.

SO happy to read an Elizabeth post.  I want to buy a signed copy of her
first book.

It's sad how many little ones are sick or passing away recently.  To those
who find this scary, please, remember that the percentage is small at any
time.  To those who are hurting we send sympathy.  Time does help.

Several people recently have mentioned vets who don't know a lot about
ferrets yet, but love ferrets and the FML and want to learn more.  In any
profession a person like that is a treasure.  Help the person learn and be
glad you don't have someone who wanted to stop learning once school ended.

Hope the coloring book includes some fun pronging pictures, and sleeping
with the tongue out ones.  We want to buy some!  Our teenage niece is
working on some sketches which will go to Georgia Wood when they are done to
see if any meet expectations.  Would you like us to scan and send for your
project, too, once Georgia knows if she wants any reserved for her project?

Sukie