Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:51:50 -0400
I agree that ferrets can be trained. But I don't think a carrier should
be used for it. Wouldn't that make them hate the carrier and then when
you need to take them to the vet or wherever, they would think it was
punishment. Not that they relate it that way. Animals are not capable
of rationalization. But they do learn from repetition.

Also recently someone was having trouble with their ferrets pooping all
over their cage. I have the same problem. I have one male ferret that
uses the box all the time (while in the cage), but 2 females not as
good. When I got them they were trained, but now one of them, and I'm
not sure which, poops right next to food dish. She poops on blankets
and wherever else. They are all healthy and see the vet routinely as
needed.

I blame myself for some of it because for a while I was going through
some medical issues and wasn't as diligent in my responsibilities in
keeping their boxes cleaned well. I'm doing much better now because I
want them using the boxes again. Soooo much easier for me.

Just my two cents.