From:
John Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:56:48 -0700
Okay,

I tried to ignore this but couldn't anymore...

Hearing, speaking and making noises due to pleasure/pain are three very
different things, folks!!

You don't need to be able to hear to make sounds or noises.

What, you think Deaf people can't laugh?  Moan with pain?

So ferrets dook and make sounds because they are feeling happy or sad...
it has nothing to do with hearing themselves make those sounds.

Speaking is another thing... voluntarly making sounds to mean something
to another person... again, you don't need to hear to speak... you can
yell to get the attention of someone.

And you can even speak clearly with speech therapy that use methods other
than hearing to help you learn how to speak... I know because I can speak
well and I'm profoundly Deaf (but it did take years and years of hard
work and therapy).

Just food for thought for you hearing people...

John