From:
"DA Boom Boom Boomer! :)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:44:57 -0600
to the guy that has research rolling out his ears...until you come to our
store, you ain't seen nothin.  you talk about research, but all you talk
about is prices.  does that make a store?  I'm very angry at some of the
attitudes that i've seen on this FML.  like i said in my last post, i'd put
our store up against anyone on the face of this earth for expertise and love
of animals.  we do not have small cages and unhappy animals.  we know so
much about our reptiles we also have a breeding business.  we know so much
about birds our bird manager has 3 very happy, healthy macaws, and so does
the store.  we know so much about fish, we have 6 healthy reef tanks and 4
saltwater tanks (big ones) and about 100 other tanks full of fresh and
brackish water fish.  we house our small animals in open glass pens that are
so large it takes a half hour to clean them, and you can't lift them if you
had 5 people helping you.  and ferrets...well i'm on the FML so decide for
yourself.  the whole store is swept and mopped in the morning and at night
(except the bird area, which is more like 3 times because our macaws and
amazons frequently climb loose on their cages that get cleaned twice a day.)

so if you want real research on what a pet store can be, stop by Lawrence,
KS and find out.

michelle

[Moderator's note: OK, I think the point has been made -- many times -- that
there are both good and bad pet stores.  Please keep this on topic.  BIG]