Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 18:29:15 -0400
Oh Ardith. How I can relate, but I think I can almost top this one. How
many of you have ever experienced the weiner getting stuck in the cage
bars. Good Lord, you talk about gray hairs. It's still a mystery as to
how this happens, but it has happened to me about 3 times in a year.
You see this ferret struggling and no feet stuck and think "What on
earth could be hanging him up." uuhhhhh.....him.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OH
MY GOD.!!!!! Let me tell you from experience if this ever happens to
you, this is what helped me AND more importantly them, to escape
without injury.

1. Scruff ferret tightly. They are seriously hurting and will lash out
at you not realizing that you are trying to help them, plus you need
to cease them from struggling.

2. Ever so gently, pry apart whatever said weiner is stuck in. If you
have a second person nearby, request a bright flashlight to assist in
the mission.

3. After freeing ferret, check the area for injury. There may be a
little blood. Apply a warm compress ( you're going to have to continue
scruffing) and keep an eye on him and make sure his plumbing is working
without any urination difficulty.

4. Make a trip to the local CVS for the hair color you'll need to cover
up the gray.....a couple shots of Malibu is also a great remedy for the
human. Ingest orally while hair color is being applied.