From:
Kris Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:07:03 -0500
I will be honest, none of my animals have ever had to go in for a
dental, not even the dogs, or ferrets. The reason for this is because
I brush the service dogs teeth ever other day and the ferrets once a
week. Yes, poor genetics along with other factors can lead to poor
oral health, even heart disease. I brush all of the animals teeth with
C.E.T. and I also use Maxi/Guard Oral Cleansing Gel. The company that
made this is Addison Biological Laboratory. So far, knock on wood, my
little guys have great teeth. The dogs also get greenies from time to
time, along with raw hides, the ferrets also get feline greenies and
chew on the Marshals Superchews. So with this combination, their teeth
are in good shape. I urge everyone to clean their animals teeth. This
can help stop problems down the road.

Kris Church LVT and vet school student
CO-DIRECTOR
RICHMOND FERRET RESCUE LEAGUE