From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 07:55:07 -0600
Hi Ya'll,

Yep the big mouth has been quiet.  Left the bananas go bad, so I had this
nasty pesky gnat problem.  But I dropped a bug bomb and now it is taken care
of.

Also been to the vet everyday this week getting shots for the guys.  Three
trips, three days and 23 animals total.  Been lots of fun.  And while there,
the vet grabbed a handful of the critters up and showed them to all the
other clients and doc's there.  She said cause she knows she can trust them,
because I am such a good mom.  Geesh.  She also tried to steal Miss
Esmerelda by stuffing her into her flannel shirt.  Miss Essie just curled up
and went to sleep until the vet pulled open between the buttons and this
cute little face came popping out.  Wished I'd had my camera with me.

Good news in Mid Mo, they are currently working on relaxing the laws against
ferrets in Columbia.  And of course, the rabies vaccine is now recognized by
the state for ferrets.  And again, I live outside the city limits here, so I
am quite legal.

Some procederal stuff-in case you are wondering about me not posting anon, I
gave the addy out to a handful of folks and one of them decided to give it
to the very person I asked her not too.  So I figure what the hell, let
everyone have it.  And the school addy, [log in to unmask], is set
up to bounce mail to the sys admin.  So send email to this addy, not that
one.

And for anyone who had my phone number, it is changed now and it is
unlisted.  As is my fax number.  And cell phone.

Although I had said recently that I won't be going to the anniv. party, the
reasons for that decision have changed, so I am really thinking about it.  I
am looking forward to meeting lots of folks who have written me about it.
And like I have said before, then everyone can decide for themselves how
crazy I am.  Of course you might want to bring garlic and crosses to protect
yourselves.  Seriously folks, I love to yak, I am a lot of fun to be around
and love to meet new folks.  You should see my long distance bill.  Yikes!!
I have got to stop making friends on the internet.  I would much rather talk
to folks than send email.  You lose so much in the email, tone of voice and
such.  It is much more fun to talk on the phone.

Me and the kids are having company for turkey day.  Got a fresh turkey, and
all the fixings.  Oh yeah, my turkey day may be Friday rather than Thursday.
When you don't have to worry about family you can change these things.
hehe.  And Saturday I am hitting the micro brewery here and then clubbing.
That will be my real celebration.

And for all those who sent me support lately, thanks.  Actually, the
chemicals kicked off rather suddenly, which is what they do and for some
strange reason, I feel better than ever.  I have made great strides this
year for myself, thanks to my wonderful therapist I have seen all year.  She
has made me understand how strong I am, how much I have accomplished this
past year (moving, divorce, going to school and still maintaining my 3.8 gpa
and just generally setting up a new life).  And I have several new friends,
including some profs here.  It just takes me awhile to settle in, and I have
done so in the last couple of months.  Believe it or not, I am terribly shy
and fought hard against this for many years.  I overcompensate by talking
too much, but that is ok.  It is that very thing that a lot of folks admire
in me, my openness, my ability to talk to anyone (my ex was constantly
amazed at this) and my willingness to try new things.  And all of these
things I get from my Mom.  I celebrated her birthday for her on Tuesday.
She was a beautiful woman, very kind, and loved by many.  I thought for
years I didn't have those qualities but lots of folks, including many of
you, have shown me that is just a false perception on my part.

I have also been working on my novel, about a serial killer.  I am working
well on it.  I am happy.  ;-)

Brock is playing soccer at the moment.  He loves any kind of ball, big small
he doesn't care.  Plastic Easter eggs work too.

One quick funny Brock story.  I have bad circulation and at times, when it
is cold, my fingers turn blue.  When I get that cold I have to soak in a
very hot bath to get warm, nothing else works.  Since Saturday, I have done
this everyday.  Brock is deaf, loves to get into the tub and at this point I
have to question his intellegence.  You can see where this is leading.
LOL!!  Every single day he has jumped into the tub, only to be extremely
suprised when he hits water.  I think the bubbles entice him.  And everytime
I hear a splash, I go pick him up and try to dry him off.  He has none of
that, he is too mad for it.  I put him down, and I swear he goes "humpf"
shakes himself off and stomps off trying to maintain his dignity.  It is so
funny.  He always gets mad cause I laugh.

Since the email addy will be public, I hope to have my web site up and
running soon.  I am going to put pics of fml folk on it, have a small
collection going.  I will not post anyone's name however, so maybe we can
run a game of "Guess who that funny looking person holding the ferret is."

Hope Everyone had a good turkey day here in the States.  And I am hoping
that brewery strike down under is over soon, causing too much suffering I
hear.  LOL!!

Maggie Mae and the Mid Mo Mustelid Maniacs

"Nothing comes of nothing."

Shakespeare, _King Lear_