From:
Kate Pappas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 17:10:31 -0800
Every year, I delight in watching my sable buddy, Emmett, dress up for the
winter.  Since he will be seven years old soon, we've had quite a few
winters!

Last winter, I marveled at the way the dark stripe along his back merged
with the last bit of non-gray-mixed fur on his head, so that he looked as
though he had an arrow painted on his little head.

This year, I looked at the design on his head and it seemed familiar.  It
isn't an arrowhead.  It is--yes!  really!--a VIOLIN-shaped dark spot on his
lightening head, with the neck of the instrument towards his spine and the
body towards his face.

In other words--he's marked like a brown recluse spider!  Right on top of
his head!  (Looks just like the one I killed in Memphis many years ago.  .
.) Once you recognize the design, it's obvious, and cannot be mistaken for
anything else.  I wish you all could see it, but you'll just have to picture
it from my description!

Happy New Year!

==
"May all your ferret tales end 'happily ever after.'"
    Kate, owned by Emmett Kelly, part-owned by Booker Cat