From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:56:12 EST
Tonight Buster is resting comfortably from his adrenal cryosurgery on
Thursday.  We had a bit of trouble yesterday because he got too active too
quickly and first broke his sutures and then had some excessive bleeding.
He gave me a big scare, but fought his way through it with the help of some
excellent vets, Dr. Weiss, who did the surgery, and Dr. Jennifer Au of the
Alexandria Veterinary Emergency Service.

This new surgical technique is truly amazing, and in Buster's case the only
drawback was he felt too good too quickly.  Buster is over 6 and previously
had bilateral adrenal surgery 1 1/2 years ago.  I would never have
considered putting him through the older surgery again.  It took several
days before he wanted to move around the other time.  I would strongly urge
everyone out there to encourage your vets to learn about this procedure, if
they are not already familiar with it.

Danee DeVore