From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:56:40 -0500
Hello, all!

There must be some sort of mental link between us ferret folks!  I was
preparing to write to the FML to ask some learned person to briefly outline
all of the national ferret organizations, and (surprise!) Bill K.  did so in
the last FML.  Thanks, Bill!  (By the way, I grew up in Woodbridge, VA -
Lakeridge to be specific!).  As an additional question, Bill, would you or
someone else be willing to elaborate a little further regarding each
organization's philosophy, regular mailings, and activities?  Which clubs
sponsor or affiliate with local "branches," and which are only centralized.
If you think it would take up too much space on the FML, would you e-mail me
directly?  I am also interested in hearing (privately, not on the FML) which
organizations people feel are worthwhile and which are, well, less
active/helpful.

The reason I am so interested in this information is that I would like to
start a local ferret club.  I am also requesting information from anyone and
everyone about starting and maintaining a ferret club.  Again, unless the
info. is of general interest, you can e-mail me privately.  P.s. Thanks to
Pam Grant who e-mailed me a wonderful pamphlet about starting a ferret club.

Finally, are any of the FML folks from Pittsburgh, PA or the surrounding
area?  (I live 45 min.  northwest of Pittsburgh.) I am starting to think
that I am the voice in the wilderness.  I can't seem to find any ferret
folks locally.  I have contacted the Pittsburgh ferret club (Ferret Fanciers
Club), but I do not think that they are very active.  Please correct me if I
am wrong!

I hope everyone is well!  May your ferrets dance for joy every day.  My most
sincere condolences to everyone whose fuzzies are ill or are gone.

Gina
and
Paleface (Mom, I want to meet people like me!)