From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:22:00 -0500
Bill Waters asked:
> Cedric, a 6-week old kit [...] seems to be just about emptying his 8
> or 12 oz water bottle and eating 1/2 of a small salad bowl of food a
> day.  Does this seem about right?

Sure, sounds good to me.  It's a lot of water, but at that age, he should be
growing like a weed, and eating and drinking to keep up.  (What are you
feeding him?) When we first got Rusty, at 7 weeks, he ate a lump of
semi-soft food bigger than his head every day -- and another one the same
size every night.  :) (We softened his food at first because he'd just been
descented and it was easier on him while he healed; if Cedric is doing fine
on hard food, great.)

- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>