From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:19:38 -0400
I have a good friend who is super allergic to cats.  She cannot come into
my house because of the two cats.  I do visit her...

My late father-in-law, a real farm boy, who said animals belong outside,
not in the house.  He had a good time playing with my inside cats (3 of
them) and the ferrets.  He thought ferrets were some kind of a rat/mouse.
But he realized they were total weasel!!  He had the best time playing with
them and watching them try to rip the tires off the radio-controlled car.
He got a big kick out of watching the ferrets torment the cats!  Although
he did not get any ferrets, he frequently asked how they were doing and
what they were up to.

And folks who think ferrets are stinky are amazed that there is no "ferret
stink" in my house!

He also liked to play with my dog, something he never did with his dogs.
I have a cute photograph of my father-in-law asleep in the recliner, with
the dog his lap and a cat on his shoulder.  My mother-in-law said that
would never happen at his house!

I warn folks that I have animals in the house and if they visit, they are
visiting me and the animals.  My animals are better mannered and better
trained than some kids I can think of.

Allergies are nothing to mess with!  I am allergic to tobacco smoke.  I
don't care if it is a cigarette, pipe or whatever, I am allergic.  Also
allergic to nicotine.  If I pick up a cigarette butt, I get an reaction.
I do all I can to avoid tobacco smoke.  I nearly died several times at
work because of smoke in the work area.  Than God, they have banned
smoking in Government buildings!  One time I was on a plane sitting
between two smokers, and had a severe asthma attack.  They had to put
me on oxygen and move me to another seat.  The second seat happened to be
in first class... Also allergic to chlorine and ammonia.

Nan and SuperSnooper