From:
Domenic Michaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 05:24:29 -0700
Hello everyone

Sad news of our beautiful little girl(Endicott) who had hind limb
paralysis.  She went really down hill last night and had
diahrea/shakes/lethargic/dehydrated.  She had been acting quite normal
despite her hind leg situation for the past couple weeks but last night
about 2 hrs after i wrote to the FML(and got some wonderful and kind
We were going to put her down this morning if the vet could do nothing for
her but she passed on around 9 am this morning in her favorite blanket in
mommies arms.

I feel as though we did nothing right in this situation and could have done
more for her.  We researched her symptoms and it seemed like she had all
of the diseases we looked at.  It was just so confusing because she was
acting so bright and happy up until yesterday.  It happened ever so quick
and we were up all night giving her pedialyte and keeping her warm and
comfortable.  I am still not really sure how to take this all in.  I am
mad....at me.

Minnie and Lady will greet her at the bridge even though she came to us
after they went to the bridge.  I think that they will know that it is
their responsibility to show her around.  I hope she can forgive me for
being irresponsible.

Thank you so much for your support

Brenda and Domenic

PS---we are having a necropsy done and will share the results with all of
you asap...we are praying it is not ADV....12 other darlings and my mind
cant fathom what we would do....the initial results of the necropsy showed
some tumors on the liver and kidneys and the beginnings of an insulinoma
but nothing that would cause the hind limb paralyisis....the lab results
for ADV should be here within a week