From:
Matthew Madison Strauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 08:55:42 -0700
Hello all,

Recently I wrote in about a completly bald spot on the hind quarters of my
lil fuzzy.  The spot is about the size of a fifty cent piece, perhaps a tad
larger.  I got many a great responce in reference to adrenal problems.  I
took her to two vets (I didnt think the first knew too much about ferrets so
I went to the second).  Anyway, the vet said she had a slightly large spleen
and gave me the low down on adrenal problems.  We decided to wait and see.
I have noticed new hair growing in around the bottom edge of her bald spot,
and it appears to be making its way forward.  My question is does this
happen often?  Although I know it does not rule out the adrenal problems
does it at leat lessen the chances of it?  What could be causing the problem
in the first place?  And why, if this was a normal shed, did she go totaly
bald in one spot?  I have not seen this before in either of my ferrets, so a
little help would set me at ease.  Thanks

Matthew Madison Strauch